Piles (Haemorrhoids) are enlarged, painful veins in the rectum. They are also known as hemorrhoids. It is a condition in which inflammation takes place in the veins around the anus or lower rectum. Piles can be internal or external. External piles are painful, but do not involve much of bleeding. On the contrary, internal piles witness the release of dark blood. It is an ailment that has become very common in todays society….click & see
Haemorrhoids are very common. They are said to be more common in countries where the diet has traditionally been more processed and low in fibre. The main contributory causes are those things that cause us to raise the pressure in the abdomen. This causes the blood vessels to swell and become engorged.
Irritation while passing stools, Bleeding, Itching and pain in the rectum region, wind formation in the stomach and sitting becomes a problem.
Most common causes:
It seems that the people most at risk of developing haemorrhoids are those who have more causes for raised abdominal pressure
It is usually best, with haemorrhoids, to get by with the least treatment possible, as even after the most extensive treatments they may still return.
- Many times they will settle down over a matter of days without any treatment.
- Cream or suppositories (bullet-shaped tablets to be inserted into the anus) may be bought over the counter, or your doctor may prescribe one. These soothe itching and pain, and cause swelling and bleeding to diminish.
- Cold compresses, even ice can be helpful.
If you do not get better with these approaches, your doctor may ask a specialist to see you who may:
- Put little rubber bands round the haemorrhoids, which will cause them to shrivel and wither away.
- Inject a substance into the haemorrhoids which causes them to wither away (sclerotherapy).
- Cut away the problem, usually under a general anaesthetic.
Some Ayurvedic Home Remedies:
- Radish juice should be taken twice a day, once in the morning and then later in the night. Initially drink about Â¼ cup of radish juice and then gradually increase it to Â½ cup.
- Soak 3-4 figs in a glass of water. Keep it overnight. Consume the figs on an empty stomach, the next day in the morning.
- Roast 1 tsp of black cumin seeds and mix with 1 tsp of unroasted black cumin seeds and powder them together. Consume a half tsp of this powder with a glass of water, once in a day.
- Prevention: Haemorrhoids are very common, and will occur anyway, but, as implied above, useful aspects of prevention are:
- Avoid becoming overweight, and lose weight if you are obase.
- Eat a high fibre diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Herbs: Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Jimikand (Amorphophallus campanulatus)
- Ayurvedic Supplements: 1.Arshoqhani Bati, 2.Pirrhoids Tablets and Adhyaristha……….( Click to buy)
- Diet: Avoid : potato, yellow variety of pumpkin and colocasia.
- Eat the following : Mango seeds, fresh seasame seeds, Jambuli fruit,Dry fig, Papaya and Amlaki, Radish, Turnip,Bitter groud, Onion, Ginger grains, Rice and Wheat.
- Life Style: Regular Exercise, Intestine should always be thoroughly cleaned, Do not indulge in sex in excess, Avoid horse riding or sitting on hard seat and dring lots of water.
YOGA Exercise : Cobra (Bhujang Asana) and Bow (Dhanur Asana)
Disclaimer: This information is not meant to be a substitute for professional medical advise or help. It is always best to consult with a Physician about serious health concerns. This information is in no way intended to diagnose or prescribe remedies.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Choosing The Right Hemorrhoids Treatment For You
- What Are Hemorrhoids and How Can I Treat Them?
- Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids – Home Based Piles Cure
- Hemorrhoid Treatments
- Is There Bright Red Blood in Your Stool?
- Getting To The Bottom Of Internal Hemorrhoids
- Homemade Remedies For Hemorrhoids
- Ouch; I Have Hemorrhoids ( or Piles) !
- Hemorrhoids Relief Just Here
- Following The Right Hemorrhoids Treatment Procedures