Technique of doing the exerciise:
Pre position Sitting Position.
1. Bend the left leg in knee and keep the foot on the thigh of right leg. Keep the right leg straight.
2. Hold the big toe of the left leg with left hand, and that of the right leg with the right hand.
3. Exhale, and inhaling start lifting the left leg with the left hand and pull it up to the left ear, and stabilize it at that point.
4. Continue normal breathing.
Position : When one leg is lifted, the other leg and hand should be kept straight. The sight should be fixed on the other end of the straight hand.
Once the Exercise Position is taken, smooth breathing should continue.
1. Inhale, and exhaling bring the left leg on the thigh of the right leg.
2. Restore both the hands to their place.
3. Straighten the left leg and take the sitting position.
Note: Do this Exercise in the above mentioned manner by taking up the right leg on the thigh of the left leg bringing in relevant changes in the position.
Duration : This latter Asana exerts more strain than the former. It should also be maintained for thirty seconds to experience its benefits.
Benefits: In this Exercise the direction of strain is towards the joints of the waist.
Precaution :The person with weak waist joints should not do this asana as it brings great strain to the joints.
Reference Book:- Yoga Pravesh