Products from Amazon.com
Top Collection Miniature Fairy Garden and Terrarium Yoga Frog Salamba Sarvangasana Shoulder Stand PosePrice: $13.88Was: $14.61
Price: Out of stock
Posture : It is considered as the best asana among all the asanas, as it activates most of the important glands and help improve their function. Even old books on Yoga proclaim importance of this asana.
1. Exhale and inhaling start raising both the legs upward and stop when they make angle of 90 degree with the floor. Attain the Uttanpadasana posture.
2.Exhaling raise the waist and push the legs backward over the head.
3.Support the waist with both the hands, using your hands get the legs, waist and back in one straight line and stabilize them in this position, stretch the toes towards sky. Keep the sight on the toes.
4.Continue normal breathing.
Position: One should concentrate on getting the legs, waist and the back in one straight line and this line making 90 degrees with ground. In this asana the arms up to the elbows are placed on the floor. The body from feet to the shoulders is in straight line, only the chin is placed in the Jugular notch forming a tie which is called ‘Jalandhar Bandha’. Because of this ‘Bandha’ jaws can’t be opened.
1.Inhale and exhaling, slightly lower the legs towards head and maintaining the balance of the body remove the hands supporting the waist back to the normal position.
2.Inhaling , place the waist on the ground keeping legs straight as in the Uttanpadasana.
3.Exhaling, bring legs back to the normal position without jerk or speed.
Duration : This asana is difficult in the beginning especially for women with heavy hips and men with big belly’s. Initially you can take help of other person while raising the hips and waist. This asana should be maintained for 2 to 3 minutes after sufficient practice to get the desired results.
Most of the times we remain either in standing or sitting position. Quite opposite position is taken in this asana. This helps improve the blood circulation as impure blood easily reaches the heart.
The ‘Jalandhar Bandha’ pressurizes the thyroid glands and to some extent pituitary gland thus helps improve their function.
To some extent you can get the benefits of Shirsasana (up side down) in this posture.
This asana controls and cures the diseases related to genital organs, constipation.
It also helps cure varicose veins and haemorrhoids.
Precaution : People suffering from headache, brain diseases, blood pressure, heart related ailments etc. should not do this asana without expert guidance.
Do & Don’t Do
– Keep the legs straight in knees with toes pointing to the sky.
– Raise the entire back & buttocks off the ground.
– Legs, hips and back are in one straight line.
– Hands, upper arm & elbows on the ground while supporting the back behind chest.
– Shoulders resting on the ground.
– Head straight and eye sight fixed on the raised toes.
– The chin resting in the sternal notch. (In Chin lock position)
– Do not bend the legs in knees.
– Do not take the legs over your head in the position, but you can take the legs over your head while taking & releasing the position.
– Do not move the neck or overstrain it in chin lock position.