According to lead researcher Marcel Waldinger, “This theory contradicts the idea, which has been common for years, that the primary form of premature ejaculation is actually a psychological disorder.
“The results of our study confirm the genetic theory and may contribute to possible gene therapy against premature ejaculation.”
Waldinger and colleagues at Utrecht University have based their findings on an analysis of 89 Dutch men with premature ejaculation, who were also compared with a control group of 92 males, the ‘Journal of Sexual Medicine’ reported.
In the study, the female partners of the subjects used a stopwatch at home to measure the time until ejaculation each time they had intercourse for a month.
In men who suffer from premature ejaculation, the researchers found that the substance serotonin was less active between the nerves in the section of the brain that controls the ejaculation.
Moreover, a gene which had already been discovered, namely 5-HTTLPR, appeared to be responsible for the amount and activity of serotonin, which meant that it controlled the rapidity of ejaculation.
Three types of the gene exist: LL, SL and SS. The study showed that the LL type causes a more rapid ejaculation. On average, men with LL ejaculate twice as quickly as men with SS, and also almost twice as quickly as men with SL.
“This study applies to men who have always ejaculated prematurely from their first sexual contact onwards and not for men who started suffering from this later on in life,” the ‘ Science Daily ‘ quoted Waldinger as saying.
Sources: The Times Of India
Related articles by Zemanta
- Premature ejaculation may be a genetic problem
- Premature ejaculators might be better at games
- Scientists Find Gene That Makes You Good at Halo Also Makes You a Premature Ejaculator [Bad News]
- Herbal Formula to Prolong Ejaculation…say ‘no’ to Pe!!!
- Experts Define Premature Ejaculation
- Scientists Find Gene That Makes You Good at Halo Also Makes You a Premature Ejaculator
- Cures for Premature Ejaculation
- Gamers On A Hair Trigger, Claim Evil Wrong-headed Scientists [Premature Ejaculation]
- A new definition for premature ejaculation