Products from Amazon.com
For most people, ginger is just an ordinary kitchen spice. However, new research from the University of Georgia has found that it might also be a great natural pain reliever. A group of researchers compared the pain-relieving properties of raw versus cooked ginger in a group of 74 volunteers with muscle pain.
The subjects consumed capsules containing either raw or cooked ginger, or a placebo for 11 days. On day eight, they were given arm weights to lift to induce muscle inflammation and pain.
The researchers found that ginger reduced pain by 25 percent as compared to placebo. They concluded, “Daily consumption of raw and heat-treated ginger resulted in moderate-to-large reductions in muscle pain following exercise-induced muscle injury.”
Source:to your Health :April 23rd.2010
Related articles by Zemanta
- Can Eating Ginger Relieve Workout Soreness? (healthmad.com)
- Ginger Reduces Pain After Exercise (findmeacure.com)
- Ginger May Ease Muscle Pain (livescience.com)
- Ginger Root Extract (lifescript.com)
- Researchers find daily ginger consumption eases muscle pain by 25 percent (eurekalert.org)
- Relieve Digestion and Respiratory Conditions with Ginger (herbal-properties.suite101.com)
- Reed’s, Inc. Cites New Benefits of Ginger in Pain Relief (eon.businesswire.com)
- Ginger Root as a Healing Herb (herbal-properties.suite101.com)
- Health Benefits of Ginger: Fresh Insights From New Research (herbal-properties.suite101.com)