Green tea polyphenols combined with a form of vitamin D called alfacalcidol could boost bone structure and strength, according to a new study in mice.
CLICK & SEE THE PICTURES
The mixture may reverse damage to bones caused by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) induced chronic inflammation, which could in turn reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Chronic inflammation causes bone loss through oxidative stress and excessive production of pro-inflammatory molecules.
According to NutraIngredients:
“The researchers reported that both extracted green tea polyphenols and alfacalcidol supplementations reversed LPS-induced changes in bone structure, whilst a combination of both was shown to sustain bone micro-architecture and strength.”
You may click to see :Green Tea and Vitamin D: Cancer Prevention at Your Table?
NutraIngredients November 2, 2010
Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry October 29, 2010
Posted By: Dr. Mercola | December 01 2010
- Green Tea Extract Weight Loss Supplement: Is It Effective? (weight-loss-methods.suite101.com)
- Vita Plus Organic African Mango With Green Tea Extract Reviews (weightlossnutrition.org)
- Is Green Tea Extract Safe? (herbalmedicine.suite101.com)
- New Vitamin D and Calcium Recommendations: Experts Weigh In (webmd.com)
- Green Tea Extract and Cancer Prevention (herbal-properties.suite101.com)
- IOF statement on new IOM dietary reference intakes for calcium and vitamin D (scienceblog.com)
- Vitamin D And Bone Health, Cancer And Diabetes Prevention, Plus Hypertension Reduction (medicalnewstoday.com)
- IOF statement on new IOM dietary reference intakes for calcium and vitamin D (eurekalert.org)
- Bone health needs more than just calcium (theglobeandmail.com)
- Foods for an Amazing Appearance (healthnews.ediets.com)