Scientists have created a new molecule from curcumin, the key chemical component of the spice turmeric. In laboratory experiments, the molecule was shown to affect the mechanisms that protect and regenerate brain cells after a stroke.
Picture of turmeric
The new curcumin compound, called CNB-001, actually repairs stroke damage at the molecular level.
“Those who cook Indian, Thai, Malay and Persian dishes know turmeric well for its zesty flavor, use in curries and for the rich color it imparts to food. Turmeric also has a long history of use in Ayurvedic and Chinese traditional medicine.”
Source: Physorg February 10, 2011
Posted By Dr. Mercola | March 02 2011
- Prevent Cancer,Repair Stroke Damage,Naturally. (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Why You Should Be Adding Turmeric to Your Meals (fitsugar.com)
- Turmeric fights stroke damage (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Turmeric a Natural Wonder (nowpublic.com)
- Spice drug fights stroke damage (bbc.co.uk)
- Turmeric stroke treatment can protect and regenerate brain cells (dailymail.co.uk)
- Turmeric drug aids stroke treatment (mirror.co.uk)
- Rebuilding Brain Cells After Stroke With Curcumin Compound (lockergnome.com)
- New hybrid drug, derived from common spice, may protect, rebuild brain cells after stroke (sciencedaily.com)
- New Hybrid Drug Derived from Common Spice, May Protect, Rebuild Brain Cells After Stroke (bioresearchonline.com)