Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Allocspariene, Angostura trifoliata, Angostura trifoliate, Bonplandia trifoliata Willd., candicine, Cusparia febrifuga Humb. ex DC., Cusparia felorifuga, Cusparia trifoliata (Willd.) Engl., Galipea, Galipea officinalis, galipinine, quinolones, Rutaceae (family), tetrahydroquinolines.
Parts used: the dried bark
Habitat :Angostura trifoliata is native to tropical South America.
The plant is called the tree belongs to Angosturovoe hinnym trees 10-20 meters tall, with compound leaves and grows tropical South America and West Indies.In medicine used to treat only the bark of Angostura. Angosturae cortex Cortex Angosturae. Latin name: Angosturae cortex or Cortex Angosturae.(Angostura febrifuga, Galipea officinalis, Rutaceae). In farmetsevtike this plant is known also under the names angosturovoe tree, or a drug galipeya (Angostura febrifuga, Galipea officinalis, Rutaceae).
Angostura (Galipea officinalis, Angostura trifoliata) has been studied for its potential antibiotic and cytotoxic (cell killing) activity.
Chemical Constituents: The dried bark has the active ingredients angosturin, the alkaloids galipine, cusparine, galipidine, cusparidine and cuspareine, as well as a volatile oil and an unidentified glucoside.
Aromatic, Bitter, Tonic, Stimulant, Purgative
A strong bitter with tonic properties, angostura stimulates the stomach and digestive tract as a whole. It is antispasmodic and is reported to act on the spinal nerves, helping in paralytic conditions. Angostura is typically given for weak digestion, and is considered valuable as a remedy for diarrhea and dysentery. In South America, it is sometimes used as a substitute for cinchona to control fevers.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- The Angostura Cocktail Challenge 2011 (littleblackbooth.wordpress.com)
- Holiday drinks: Angostura Orange Blossom Mocktail (thismamacooks.com)
- Classic Champagne Cocktail (potterybarn.com)
- Canadian Eco Oro Minerals Drills Gold, Silver at Angostura Deposit in Colombia (ibtimes.com)
- Acacia tortilis (findmeacure.com)
- Hangover Helpers (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Valkyrie and Brook’s Italian Lover (theconscientiousomnivore.wordpress.com)
- Euphorbia maculata (findmeacure.com)
- A Drinking Temple Grows in Brooklyn (online.wsj.com)
- Guide: 10 Whiskey Watering Holes (brandyrand.wordpress.com)