Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Botanical Name : Bauhinia herrerae
Synonyms : Bauhinia klugii Standl.,Schnella herrerae Britton & Rose
Common Name :Cowfoot Vine
Habitat : Native to South America
Bauhinia trees typically reach a height of 6–12 m and their branches spread 3–6 m outwards. The lobed leaves usually are 10–15 cm across.
The five-petaled flowers are 7.5–12.5 cm diameter, generally in shades of red, pink, purple, orange, or yellow, and are often fragrant. The tree begins flowering in late winter and often continues to flower into early summer. Depending on the species, Bauhinia flowers are usually in magenta, mauve, pink or white hues with crimson highlights
The stem is used as an astringent to staunch diarrhea and bleeding, to reduce hemorrhage, and to wash wounds. Boil a handful of chopped vine in 3 cups of water for 10 minutes; allow to cool and drink ½ cup 6 times daily for headaches, internal wounds, and bleeding, or 2 cups in ½ hour for hemorrhage. Use this same decoction to wash bleeding or infected wounds. For headaches, mash a handful of leaves in 1 quart of water, place in sun for 1 hour and wash head with this water. The leaves are a component of some of the traditional bath mixtures used to treat many ailments.
This is an old remedy for birth control among Maya women, now apparently mostly forgotten. Prepared from a handful of vine that has been boiled in 3 cups of water for 10 minutes, a cup is consumed before each meal all during the menstrual cycle. It is said that this dose is effective for up to 6 months. Drinking this decoction during 9 menstrual cycles is said to produce irreversible infertility in women.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- The High Priestess and Bauhinia (mimimorrison.wordpress.com)
- Is it a period or heavy implantation bleeding (wiki.answers.com)
- 5 Swords and Bauhinia (mimimorrison.wordpress.com)
- The Link Between Weight and Menstrual Cycles (everydayhealth.com)
- Crohn’s Disease Symptoms and Your Menstrual Cycle (everydayhealth.com)
- When Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Is Abnormal (everydayhealth.com)
- Prolonged Periods: A Cause for Concern? (everydayhealth.com)
- What should I do for a very heavy menstrual cycle? (zocdoc.com)
- How long is a woman’s menstrual cycle? (zocdoc.com)
- Are polycystic ovaries a cause of menstrual cramps? (zocdoc.com)