Products from Amazon.com
Price: $33.45Was: $39.95
Botanical Name : Euonymus japonica
Family : Celastraceae – Bittersweet family
Genus: Euonymus L. – spindletree
Species: Euonymus japonicus Thunb. – Japanese spindletree
Kingdom : Plantae – Plants
Subkingdom : Tracheobionta – Vascular plants
Superdivision: Spermatophyta – Seed plants
Division: Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants
Class: Magnoliopsida – Dicotyledons
Order : Celastrales
Common Names:Japanese Spindle
Habitat : Euonymus japonicus is native to Japan, Korea and China.
Euonymus japonicus is an evergreen shrub or small tree growing to 2–8 m tall, with opposite, oval leaves 3–7 cm long with a finely serrated margin. The flowers are inconspicuous, greenish-white, 5 mm diameter. In the fall, orange fruit hangs below the flaring pink seed coverings.
*Flower/Fruit: Greenish white flowers; vinegary smell; pinkish capsule with orange seeds in fall
*Foliage: Opposite, simple, waxy, lustrous dark green leaves; 1 to 3″ long
The bark is used as a tonic and to aid in difficult childbirth; treats rheumatism, night sweating. The leaf is also used in cases of difficult delivery.
Disclaimer:The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Celebrity Gardeners: John Humphrys’ garden (telegraph.co.uk)
- Rumex japonicus (findmeacure.com)
- Carrion Flower (findmeacure.com)
- Canadian Gardener | By Christopher Clayton | Combining Evergreens with Other Plants (socialmediasnews.wordpress.com)
- Southernwood (findmeacure.com)
- Cymopterus fendleri (findmeacure.com)
- Croton texensis (findmeacure.com)
- Let your garden sing with rich berry colour as autumn’s jewels finally fruit (mirror.co.uk)
- Carpetweed (findmeacure.com)
- Aureolaria pedicularia (findmeacure.com)