Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Price: Out of stock
Price: $2.99Was: $14.99
Price: $9.45Was: $18.90
Products from Amazon.com
Botanical Name : :Melaleuca leucadendron
Species: M. leucadendra
Synonyms: Cajeput. White Tea Tree. Swamp Tea Tree. White Wood.
Common Names :Cajeput Tree, is derived from the Malay word kayu putih (old Indonesian spelling: kaju putih) – meaning “white wood”.
Habitat: Cajuput is native to East Indies, Tropical Australia. Imported from Macassar, Batavia, Singapore, Queensland and N.S. Wales. It is widely distributed in northern parts of Australia (Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Queensland) and is found even further north in the Solomon Islands and on New Guinea in Papua New Guinea and Western New Guinea. It has also been used as a street tree in Hong Kong.
The tree has a long flexible trunk with irregular ascending branches, covered with a pale thick, lamellated bark it is soft and spongy and from time to time throws off its outer layer in flakes; leaves entire, linear, lanceolate, ash colour, alternate on short foot-stalks; flowers sessile, white, on a long spike.
The foliage of Cajeput is of a brighter green and has a slightly weeping habit.
Click to see the pictures…>….(01)……..(02)……....(1).…..(2).…..…(3)..……(4)….....
The leaves have a very aromatic odour and the oil is distilled from the fresh leaves and twigs, and is volatile and stimulating with an aroma like camphor, rosemary, or cardamom seeds; taste bitter, aromatic and camphoraceous. Traces of copper have been found in it, hence the greenish tint; it should be stored in dark or amber-coloured bottles in a cool place. Cajuput oil is obtained from Melaleuca leucadendron, Roxburgh, and the minor Smith, but several other species of Melaleuca leucadendron are utilized such as M. hypericifolia, M. veridifolia, M. lalifolia, and others. The Australian species M. Decussata and M. Erucifolia are also used. The oil is fluid, clear, inflammable, burns without residue, highly volatile. The trace of copper found may be due to the vessels in which the oil is prepared, but it is doubtless sometimes added in commerce to produce the normal green tinge when other species have been used which do not impart it naturally.
Constituents: The principal constituent of oil is cineol, which should average 45 to 55 per cent. Solid terpineol is also present and several aldehydes such as valeric, butyric and benzoic.
Medicinal Action and Uses:
Antispasmodic, diaphoretic, stimulant, antiseptic, anthelmintic.
Highly stimulant, producing a sensation of warmth when taken internally, increasing the fullness and rapidity of the pulse and sometimes producing profuse perspiration. Used as a stimulating expectorant in chronic laryngitis and bronchitis, as an antiseptic in cystisis and as an anthelmintic for round worms, also used in chronic rheumatism. Applied externally, it is stimulant and mildly counter-irritant and is usually applied diluted with 2 parts of olive oil or turpentine ointment. Used externally for psoriasis and other skin affections.
* In Chronic respiratory and catarrhal infection
* In sinusitis, bronchitis
* In Genitial herpes,cervical dysplasia
* In viral hepatitis, bilary lithiases
* In Psoriasis, boils, fungal dermatitis
* In varicose veins,hemorrhoids, enteritis
Cajeput is cultivated as an ornamental tree for parks and gardens. It is also used as a screen or windbreak. It tolerates dry conditions.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider
- Native gardening for Gold Coast exposed coastal areas: melaleuca (blogs.abc.net.au)
- The Secret Behind Maximizing Your Profits in Melaleuca (howtomakemoneyonlineway.wordpress.com)
- Australian endangered species: Orange-bellied Parrot (theconversation.com)
- Melaleuca executives bully sellers to remove products from eBay (examiner.com)
- What is melaleuca – Portage, MI (travelpod.com)
- BILL JUMPS A BROAD- Part 5 (valavanisbonsaiblog.com)
- Melaleuca Competition (exploricens.wordpress.com)
- Latest release of endangered orange-bellied parrots boosts numbers in the wild (abc.net.au)
- Nature Secrets Soap Bar with Anti-bacterial Tea Tree Extracts & Mandarin (oriandm3.wordpress.com)
- meditation: Tea Tree (Melaleuca) 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil- 30 ml (aboutanxietysite.com)