Synonyms : Viburnum stellulatum, Viburnum involucratum
Common Names: Starry Viburnum • Nepali: Molo • Nepali: Molo, Mahelo, Kaandaa Maalu
Viburnum mullaha is a tall deciduous Shrub growing 10-15′ tall and 8-10′ across. Medium green leaves are a broad oval, tapering to the pedicel and deeply dentate along the top half. White flowers in 2-3″ wide cymes in May. Fruit is egg-shaped, yellow at first, changing to red and slightly hairy.
It is frost tender. It is in flower in June. The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs) and are pollinated by Insects.The plant is not self-fertile……CLICK & SEE THE PICTURES
Suitable for: light (sandy), medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils. Suitable pH: acid, neutral and basic (alkaline) soils. It can grow in semi-shade (light woodland) or no shade. It prefers moist soil.
Edible Uses:..Fruit – raw or cooked. Acid tasting.
The crushed fruit is eaten as a stimulant. The juice of the fruit is used to treat indigestion.
Other Uses:…Dye; Wood…..A dye is obtained from the fruit. Wood – moderately hard. The straight branches are used for walking sticks
Disclaimer : The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplement, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Japanese warship visits PH (rappler.com)
- Landslide in northeast India kills 16 (voiceofasiaonline.com)
- These Bees Make Naturally Psychedelic Honey That Has Toppled Whole Armies (anonhq.com)
- Artemisia laciniata (findmeacure.com)
- A Plant Can Now Help You Quit Smoking: Watercress Sucks Out Carcinogens From Smoker’s Body (counselheal.com)
- Oropolitics (devilofhistory.wordpress.com)
- The heartwarming moment rescued elephants enjoyed a jumbo reunion (express.co.uk)
- How green fruits and smoothies can turn your teeth yellow (dailymail.co.uk)
- Smallest perching bird’s long-lost family revealed by genetics (newscientist.com)
- Raja-Mandala: Aligning With the Far to Balance the Near (carnegieindia.org)