Products from Amazon.com
Price: $23.86Was: $24.95
Botanical Name : Andropogon virginicus
Species: A. virginicus
Common Name :Broomsedge,Broomsedge bluestem and Yellowsedge bluestem
Broomsedge bluestem grows throughout the Southeast from the 25-inch mean annual precipitation belt (southeastern Nebraska south through eastern Texas) eastward. It is found as far north as Iowa, Ohio, and New York. Outlying introduced populations occur in southern California and Hawaii
A. virginicus is a perennial grass forming narrow clumps of stems up to just over a meter in maximum height. Its stems and leaves are green when new, turning purplish to orange and then straw-colored with age. It produces large amounts of seeds small enough to disperse on the wind. This grass is successful in a wide range of habitats. It is a prolific seed producer, it has a high germination rate and seedling survival rate, and it thrives in poor soils
CLICK & SEE THE PICTURES..
A decoction of the roots is used in the treatment of backaches. A tea made from the leaves is used in the treatment of diarrhea. Externally, it is used as a wash for frostbite, sores, itching, piles and poison ivy rash.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Broom Moss (findmeacure.com)
- Detroit To Open A New Cruise Terminal For Great Lakes Cruising (seatravel.wordpress.com)
- Power plants killing massive amounts of Great Lakes fish (canada.com)
- A not-so-itsy-bitsy-spider in Hawai’i: the Sunday Photo Quiz (sfgate.com)
- Cicadas Don’t Just Make Noise, They Make Cards Too! (ohlivianne.wordpress.com)
- Why did God make poison ivy? Seriously, does it have a purpose? (patchofblue.wordpress.com)
- 4-Star Stocks Poised to Pop: Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (fool.com)
- Jane’s Hat by Cary Holladay (lotuscirilo.wordpress.com)
- Bid to repair Lake Michigan and Great Lakes, one marsh at a time (csmonitor.com)
- Studies at odds over water levels in Great Lakes (canada.com)