Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Price: Out of stock
Price: Check on Amazon
syn. : Hibiscus collinus Roxb., Hibiscus simplex L., Firmiana platanifolia, or Sterculia platanifolia L.f.
Common Name :Chinese parasol tree or wutong(Chinese: pinyin: wútóng, Firmiana simplex
Habitat :Firmiana simplex is native to Asia.
It grows to a height of 12 m (40 feet). It has alternate, deciduous leaves up to 30 cm (12 inches) across and small greenish white flowers that are borne in clusters. It is grown as an ornamental in warm regions of North America.
Due to its superior sonic properties, the wood is used for the soundboards of several Chinese instruments, including the guqin and guzheng.
A decoction of the roots is used to reduce swellings and a lotion of the leaves is used in the treatment of carbuncles, hemorrhoids and sores. The seeds are used to treat abscesses in the mouth of children and skin problems. The fruits are a tonic and coked with meat as tonic broth.
According to an article in the journal Nature of 1884, the leaves of Sterculia platanifolia were dried for smoking; the reason for for smoking it was not given, but another source simply says that it was used as a substitute for tobacco
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- A bit of botanising #2 (wellylady.blogspot.com)
- Simplex Spelling – Free Lite Version Now Available (themactrack.com)
- Simplexity Appoints Dave Rook as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer (prweb.com)
- Global Herpes Simplex Virus Treatment Market to Reach $4.8 Billion by 2017, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc. (prweb.com)
- SimplexGrinnell and GuardRFID Sign Distribution Agreement for RTLS and Security Solutions (prweb.com)
- Simplexity Enables Nebraska Furniture Mart to Sell Wireless Phones and Services (prweb.com)
- Simplex Spelling HD – Earns Multiple Educational Awards (themactrack.com)
- How can I keep my boyfriend while lowering my risk of getting his HSV-1? (Herpes Simplex 1) (ask.metafilter.com)
- Can lemon balm be used for medicine (wiki.answers.com)
- Hires and promotions, Oct. 5 (sfgate.com)