Knee pain usually results from overuse,but in several cases poor form during physical activity, not warming up or cooling down, or inadequate stretching. Simple causes of knee pain often clear up on their own with self care. Being overweight can put you at greater risk for knee problems.
Other Knee pain causes :-
- Arthritis — including rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, and gout, or other connective tissue disorders like lupus.
- Bursitis — inflammation from repeated pressure on the knee (like kneeling for long periods of time, overuse, or injury).
- Tendinitis — a pain in the front of your knee that gets worse when going up and down stairs or inclines. Happens to runners, skiers, and cyclists.
- Baker’s cyst — a fluid-filled swelling behind the knee that may accompany inflammation from other causes, like arthritis. If the cyst ruptures, pain in the back of your knee can travel down your calf.
- Torn cartilage (a meniscus tear) — can cause pain on the inside or outside of the knee joint.
- Torn ligament (ACL tear) — can cause pain and instability of the knee.
- Strain or sprain — minor injuries to the ligaments caused by sudden or unnatural twisting.
- Dislocation of the kneecap.
- Infection in the joint.
- Knee injuries — can cause bleeding into your knee, which worsens the pain.
- Hip disorders — may cause pain that is felt in the knee. For example, iliotibial band syndrome is injury to the thick band that runs from your hip to the outside of your knee.
Less common conditions that can lead to knee pain include the following:
Many causes of knee pain, especially those related to overuse or physical activity, respond well to self-care:
- Rest and avoid activities that aggravate the pain, especially weight bearing activities.
- Apply ice. First, apply it every hour for up to 15 minutes. After the first day, apply it at least 4 times per day.
- Keep your knee elevated as much as possible to bring any swelling down.
- Gently compress the knee by wearing an ace bandage or elastic sleeve. Either can be purchased at most pharmacies. This may reduce swelling and provide support.
- Take acetaminophen for pain or ibuprofen for pain and swelling.
- Sleep with a pillow underneath or between your knees
Several kind of knee pain problem can be cured through yoga exercise under some Yoga Expart.