[amazon_link asins=’B000GCHT5G,B0057UUBJI,B013MHLXKS,B001LFCYLQ,B01N75R6B3,B000XE70LU,B00T4C4YFC,B013Q8E3IM,B0014CV4Y4′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’52e95e1f-9048-11e7-b5f3-8de01bfa56e8′]
Sore throat refers to the inflammation of the pharynx or back of the throat. It occurs frequently when a person has a cold or an attack of influenza. Sore throat may also involve the tonsils and adenoids…..click & see
What causes a sore throat?
A sore throat can have many causes. Some of these are listed below:
- Many common viruses, and even the viruses that cause mononucleosis (mono) and the flu, can cause a sore throat. Some of the viruses that cause a sore throat can produce blisters in the mouth and throat (“aphthous stomatitis”).
- Breathing through the mouth can produce throat dryness and soreness.
- Sinus drainage may cause a sore throat.
- Shouting very loudly for a long period may cause sore throat.
- A sore throat can also be caused by bacteria. The two most common bacteria to cause as sore throat are Streptococcus (which causes strep throat) and Arcanobacterium haemolyticum. Arcanobacterium causes sore throats mainly in young adults and is sometimes associated with a fine red rash.
- Common cold may sometimes inflamate the gland and cause sore throat.
- A sore throat that lasts for more than 2 weeks can be a sign of a serious illness, such as throat cancer or AIDS.So, sore throat, if lasts more than 2 weeks, contact a doctor (preferably ENT spacilist)immediately.
Try these home remedies to cure it :-
Gargle with your own fresh hot urin will cures Sore Throat easily.
Drink a glass of hot water with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and some honey. You’ll feel better instantly. You can also drink a chamomile tea with lemon and honey added.
- Gargle with warm salt water to help reduce swelling and relieve discomfort:
- Gargle at least once each hour with 1 tsp (5 g) of salt dissolved in 8 fl oz (237 mL) of warm water.
- If you have postnasal drip, gargle often to prevent more throat irritation
- Prevent dehydration. . Fluids may help thin secretions and soothe an irritated throat. Hot fluids, such as tea or soup, may help decrease throat irritation
- Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds should be added to a litre of cold water and simmered on a gentle flame. This should be allowed to cool to a temperature that could be tolerated by the buccal cavity. Strain this mixture and gargle with it several times a day. This cures a sore throat.
- Soak 8-10 almonds. Peel and grind with 8-10 pepper corns. Mix in 1 cup of water. Sieve and drink adding either salt or sugar to taste.
- The leaves of holy basil have also been found beneficial in the in curing sore throat. Water boiled with basil leaves should be taken as a drink, and also used as a gargle to relieve a sore throat
- Soak two teaspoonfuls of ajowan seeds in cold water. Add a pinch of common salt. Using this infusion as a common gargle substantially eases the acute sore throat.
- Eat garlic. Garlic is an anti-septic and good for many conditions.
- Boil one whole onion, mash and eat with a little butter, salt and pepper.
- A teaspoon of honey raw helps releave throat inflammation.
- Use a vaporizer or cool air humidifier in your bedroom.
- Warm or cool mist may help you feel more comfortable by soothing the swollen air passages. It may also relieve hoarseness. However, don’t let your room become uncomfortably cold or very damp.
- Use a shallow pan of water to provide moisture in the air through evaporation if you don’t have a humidifier. Place the pan in a safe location where no one will trip on it or fall into it.
- If you suspect that problems with stomach acid may be causing your sore throat, see the topic Heartburn
- Do not smoke or use other tobacco products and avoid secondhand smoke.
Alternative practitioners recommend a variety of natural products for the treatment of sore throat. For example, aromatherapists recommend inhaling the fragrances of lavender, thyme, eucalyptus, sage, and sandalwood. Herbalists recommend taking osha root, ginger, or slippery elm. Some practitioners suggest gargling with a mixture of water, salt, and turmeric. Homeopathic practitioners treat sore throats with very dilute solutions of Lachesis, Belladonna, Phytolacca, yellow jasmine, or mercury. Nutritionists recommend vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A or C and the mineral zinc.
Disclaimer: This information is not meant to be a substitute for professional medical advise or help. It is always best to consult with a Physician about serious health concerns. This information is in no way intended to diagnose or prescribe remedies.This is purely for educational purpose.