[amazon_link asins=’B013UGE132,B008C20TDG’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’1b81552c-1a17-11e7-98ff-89ed3c30da88′]
Staying well hinges on a wide range of lifestyle choices that can help enhance the quality of your life, so that you feel better physically and mentally. Equally important, these habits can promote longevity. Here’s a summary of the most important actions to take.
- If you smoke, QUIT IMMEDIATELY. More than 350,000 premature deaths a year are attributed to smoking.
- Eat a varied low-fat diet. Experts recommend five or more servings of fruits and vegetables each day, plenty of whole grains (which are high in dietary fiber as well as vitamins and minerals), and low-fat dairy products (for bone-strengthening calcium).
- If you drink alcohol, do so moderately. Excessive consumption (more than two drinks a day for men, one for women) can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, and other health problems.
- Exercise regularly. Studies show that even 30 minutes of walking, swimming, playing tennis, or other forms of exercise can help lower your risk of disease and premature death.
- Avoid becoming seriously overweight. A large weight gain in adults (22 pounds or more) is linked to increased mortality in middle age. Keep your weight in check by watching your calories and exercising.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Too much sun damages your skin, promoting skin cancer and cataracts. Use sunscreen, avoid long exposure, wear sunglasses, and examine your skin frequently for irregularities.
- Control stress. You can’t avoid this consequence of modern life altogether. But by exercising,doing Yoga and meditating, and pursuing other activities you enjoy, you can keep stress from becoming overwhelming.
Source:Your Guide to
Vitamins, Minerals, and Herbs