The beginners should first of all learn the benefits of Joga Exercise and various ways to perform :
There are several joints in our body, which needs lubrication and movements. The food we consume supplies the lubrication and Yoga and other activities provide the movements. In our regular life some of these joints are overused and some are rarely used which may create problems at later stage in your life. To help these joints maintain their healthy condition Basic Movements are necessary also they are useful to prepare your body to take up Yoga.
Main Benefits :-
1. As your body relaxes all your muscles also relax except those muscles, which are used in the movements, so one can easily concentrate on the movement / particular muscle (effort).
2. Aged and persons having diseases also can do these movements without much strain.
Yoga Exercise helps to achieve physical health, control over mind and power of concentration.
Patanjali has described Yogasasana(Yoga Exercise) as “Sthir Sukham Asanam”, which means a posture that is stable and pleasant. A more broad definition of Yogasana(Yoga Exercise) according to Patanjali is “Tatodwanabhighatah” which means practice of Yogasana(Yoga Exercise) leads to disappearance of duality of cold-hot, sadness-joy, happiness-sorrow and so on.
Yoga is different from exercise as it doesn’t involve speedy movements, but instead very slow and steady movements.
Yoga helps achieve relaxation which reduces stress & strain.
Very few calories are consumed during Yogasana practice and metabolism rate of the body also drops which means reduced Aging Process.
Less food is required as digestive power is increased.
Certain rules for Yoga Exercise: –
1. Below 12 years of age Yoga postures should not be practiced for long duration and asanas are to be maintained for very short duration.
2. Every day you should practice Yoga for at least 30 to 45 minutes to get maximum results.
3. The best suited time to practice is early morning hours, but it can be practiced in the afternoon after following food restrictions.
4. Food restrictions – stomach should be empty while practicing, that is you should consume solid food 3.5 hours before practicing and liquid 1 hour before.
5. Place should be spacious, clean, airy, bright and away from disturbances.
6. Yoga should not be practiced on bare floor but keep mat or carpet below.
7. Clothes should be comfortable, loose, clean. Undergarments are necessary.
8. Yoga prefers vegetarian diet. But avoid spicy and hot diet as much as possible.
9. Women should not practice Yoga during Pregnancy and menstruation.
10. One should have faith in Yoga and what he is doing.
11.It is always adviced to learn and practice Yoga Exercise under the guide of some expart, but one can learn and practice it from good Yoga guide book.
Help taken from:www.yogapoint.com