In fact, the benefits of acupuncture last longer than the effects of Effexor, and without any bad side effects. After 12 weeks of treatment, symptoms were reduced for 15 additional weeks for women who had undergone acupuncture, compared with just two weeks for those who had taken Effexor.
Not only were no bad side effects associated with acupuncture, women who underwent the treatment reported increased energy and overall sense of well-being. Those taking Effexor reported side effects including nausea, headache, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, increased blood pressure, fatigue and anxiety.
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology Meeting September 21-25, 2008 Boston, MA
Related articles by Zemanta
- Acupuncture for breast cancer side effects as good as drugs
- Acupuncture Eases Side Effects of Cancer Treatments
- Acupuncture reduces breast cancer treatment symptoms
- Shorter treatment effective against breast cancer, Canadian researchers say