[amazon_link asins=’B01D1VTHRQ,B01K946BIQ,B073QV76TK,B07DN5LCFT,B07CYVXTQP,B07DCQWCHB,B07C24R649,B07BK3SCP4,B07CPY32HH’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7f220874-73bd-11e8-a5b1-ad5f46033ca1′]
If you’re trying your best to eat right and exercise, it might be worth it to make sure you get the proper amount of sleep each night, according to a new study that suggests lack of sleep can throw off a diet.
According to CNN Health, research from the University of Chicago showed that dieters who slept for 8.5 hours lost 55 percent more body fat than dieters who slept 5.5 hours
“The dieters who slept less reported feeling hungrier throughout the course of the study,” CNN said, even though “they ate the same diet, consumed multivitamins and performed the same type of work or leisure activities.”
The study authors concluded that “Lack of sufficient sleep may compromise the efficacy of typical dietary interventions for weight loss and related metabolic risk reduction,” CNN said. The study was released October 4 in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
Source:: CNN Health October 4, 2010
- Want to shed pounds? Sleep longer say experts (beinghealthyhomeandaway.blogspot.com)
- Sleep loss limits fat loss (eurekalert.org)
- Dreaming of losing a few pounds? Get some sleep (ctv.ca)
- Sleep Loss Hampers Weight Loss Efforts (webmd.com)
- How Lack of Sleep Wrecks Your Diet (drsharma.ca)
- “Sleep loss limits fat loss” and related posts (sciencecodex.com)
- Lose weight by sleeping well, researchers say (independent.co.uk)