Habitat : Blazing Star is native to much of western North America, where it grows in mountain, desert, and plateau habitat.
Blazing Star is an annual herb producing a stem up to 42 centimeters long, sometimes growing erect. The leaves are up to 11 centimeters long in the basal rosette, divided into even comblike lobes, and smaller farther up on the plant. The flower has five shiny yellow petals 2 to 7 millimeters long each. The fruit is a narrow, straight or curving utricle 1 to 3 centimeters long. It contains many angular seeds covered in tiny bumps.
CLICK & SEE THE PICTURES…..
You may click to see more pictures of Blazing Star : http://calphotos.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?where-genre=Plant&where-taxon=Mentzelia+albicaulis
A poultice of the crushed, soaked seeds has been applied to burns and also to relieve the pain of toothache. Used as a poultice and hot herb bath for arthritis and sprained or inflamed joints. Also used as a diuretic. Simple tea as needed or for bathing
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Joshua Tree Wildflower Report 4/26/11 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Joshua Tree Wildflower Bloom Update 4/19/11 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Joshua Tree Wildflower Report 4/12/11 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Country Star Trace Adkins Loses Home in Devastating Blaze (omg.yahoo.com)
- Country Star Trace Adkins Loses Family Home in Devastating Blaze (omg.yahoo.com)
- Eastern Sierra Wildflower Update 5/19/11 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Blanket Flower (findmeacure.com)
- Blackcap (Rubus leucordermis) (findmeacure.com)
- Silene vulgaris (findmeacure.com)