[amazon_link asins=’B007SB5OBO,B00NX5NVT6,B01BCSNNZC,B01H3CXWIE,B0079TFWB2,B00WJAOJMO,B01LX6I99K,B018OW2WIS,B0079TFHYY’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’31334ffa-525a-11e7-baab-c5696f6f0951′]
Botanical Name ;Colutea orientalis
Species: C. orientalis
Common Name ; Red Flowered Bladder,bladder senna
Habitat ;Colutea orientalis is native to Europe and Asia.
It is a deciduous, grey-leafed, bushy shrub that grows to a height of up to 2 m (6 ft). It bears clusters of small yellow and coppery-red flowers in summer, followed by green seed pods. Colutea x media is a hybrid between C. orientalis and C. arborescens.
Leaves have a purging quality, but afterwards have a binding effect. It is corrected with caraway seed, aniseed, or ginger and a dram taken in wine, ale or broth, on an empty stomach comforts and cleanses the stomach and purges phlegm from the head and brain, lungs, heart, liver and spleen. From Culpeper: “It strengthens the senses, procures mirth, and is good in chronic agues.” Modern practice uses Cassia angustifolia as the variety instead.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Helleborus orientalis (creativeurbanite.wordpress.com)
- Searching for Trees that Survive Climate Change (hortitrends.wordpress.com)
- Harvest dispatches from Europe are changing the way we understand “vintage” (dobianchi.com)
- Lactuca (findmeacure.com)
- Mystery bird: little green bee-eater, Merops orientalis #birds #MysteryBirds (guardian.co.uk)
- Trifolium repens (findmeacure.com)
- Plumbago europaea (findmeacure.com)
- Marc Jacobs Makes A Splash (bellasugar.com)
- A Failed Attempt to Defend The Doctrine of Purgatory (esoriano.wordpress.com)
- Weak Bladder Spasms? (everydayhealth.com)