[amazon_link asins=’1536815713,B00GNSZZ44,B01AHG7PGI,B00STKM79A,B00JVAYUJW,B007QND52O,B0127TV3NE,B00YT000JI,B00M6GBK0K’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’beecbe83-525a-11e7-b2fa-f998f10e062c’]
Botanical Name : Smilax lanceolata
Family: Smilacaceae (greenbriers)
Synonyms: S. lanceolata, S. domingensis
Common Name: greenbrier,Red China Root
Habitat :Grows in southeastern U. S., mostly on the Coastal Plain. Usually found in floodplain forests.
High-climbing woody vine. Stems green, round in cross-section, with few or no prickles, usually with many short side branches. Leaves thin, leathery, evergreen, ovate to lance-ovate, acute to acuminate, base rounded or cuneate, 2.5-5 cm (1-2 in) long. Inflorescence umbels in numerous leaf axils. Flowers numerous, small, greenish. Fruits black, 1-3 seeded, 5-7 mm (0.2-0.3 in) in diamete
CLICK TO SEE THE PICTURE
LEAVES: evergreen, lance-shaped, 2 to 5 inches long, 3/4 to 2 inches wide; deep green shiny upper surface, often variegated, green lower surface; 5 veins, rarely 7; young leaves may have minute blunt teeth along margins
FLOWER: April to July; jasmine-like odor
FRUIT: matures in second year, 1/4 inch, blackish-red berry, 2 seeds
FORM: dark-greenish or reddish brown, splotched with gray; few internode spines, never on fruiting canes, spines at nodes
Chop and boil a small handful of roots in 3 cups of water to use as a pleasant tasting blood tonic and for fatigue, anemia, acidity, toxicity, rheumatism, and skin conditions. Drink with milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg to strengthen and proliferate red blood cells.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Make Your Next Dinner Date a Success with Some Fine Flowers (proflowers.com)
- Top Three Ways to Surprise Your Sweetie with Colorful Flowers (proflowers.com)
- Park Springs Participates in Alzheimer’s Walk! (atlantaretirement.wordpress.com)
- Mitchella repens (findmeacure.com)
- Mentha diemenica (findmeacure.com)
- Tutu Cute (weddingbee.com)
- Ligustrum lucidum (findmeacure.com)
- Allium tricoccum (findmeacure.com)
- Elaeagnus multiflora (findmeacure.com)
- Man Vine (findmeacure.com)