[amazon_link asins=’B00070NK3C,B00PLNB19K,B06XTZHVSJ,B00D9F3PUU,B019L0QDD2,B007I74SLA,B01FL4BR24,B015BSS8PY,B005FO3TUY’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fecae638-19be-11e7-bce3-49993af2ae24′][amazon_link asins=’B01B68S0C4,B01JYECY42,B01K2N3UCE,B01JYMNJUW,B01JYE1DAS,B01JYMNHXQ,B01K0AZGP8,B01JYE10U6,B01JYMKQEY’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d6ade2bf-19be-11e7-9040-51064ad306bb’]
Botanical Name : Euphorbia maculata
Species: E. maculata
syn. : Chamaesyce maculata (L.)
Common Names:Milk-purslane,Spotted spurge or Prostrate spurge
Habitat :Euphorbia maculata is native to North America.
Euphorbia maculata is an annual plant in the family Euphorbiaceae, It is a variably prostrate to erect plant, with stems growing along the ground up to 45 cm long, but only reaching up to 30 cm tall. The leaves are oval, up to 3 cm long, and arranged in opposite pairs. The flowers are very small, with four white petals. It grows in sunny locations and a variety of soils, and is frequently found as a weed …
click to see the pictures..…(01)......(1).…...(2)..…...(3).…....(4).…....(5)..…
The milky sap, when taken orally, causes vomiting and acts as a strong laxative. An alcoholic extract of the plant has been given to control dysentery. The Indians rubbed the sap on their skin to treat warts, sores, eruptions, and sore nipples. They also drank a root infusion as a laxative.
Disclaimer:The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Late Summer Weeds I Love to Hate (gcvhorticulture.wordpress.com)
- Can you cut back a potted euphorbia (wiki.answers.com)
- Euphorbia ‘First Blush’ Flowering (allandrewsplants.wordpress.com)
- Euphorbia obesa – Our New Babies (kiyanti2008.wordpress.com)
- Beware of Friends Bearing Gifts…. (gcvhorticulture.wordpress.com)
- What is the scientific name of the Large Coral Root Orchid (wiki.answers.com)
- What is the scientific name of the Spotted Coral Root Orchid (wiki.answers.com)
- Planting advice: Black and white (telegraph.co.uk)
- Helenium amarum (findmeacure.com)
- Plant News (climbtothestars.org)