[amazon_link asins=’B06WV6XVV9,B071P45ZJ7,B01MEG929L,B01HYTX5MO,B01HOU8P3W,B01IAAIEIG,B00J367D1Q,B01M6D7TOS,B06WWPF4SX’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’accfa79e-49a9-11e7-a835-ff2f687acff5′]
If you are familiar with performing a traditional elbow plank, try this new variation for an extra challenge to your core muscles. Just remember to make your movements very small in order to keep it safe and effective.
Begin on all fours. Position your elbows directly below your shoulders and place your hands and forearms flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Straighten your legs behind you. Balance on your toes and forearms as you bring your hips down to shoulder level. Keep you knees straight and press your heels back. Pause for two breaths.
On an exhalation, contract your abdominals and use your core muscles to raise your pelvis a few inches higher. Pause, continuing to hold your abs firm to support the weight of your pelvis. Slowly lower your hips back down to shoulder level and pause. Repeat this small movement three to six times. Release by bending your knees and sit back on your heels to rest. Repeat the entire exercise one more time.
Source : Los Angeles Times
- Improve Your Balance With Stability Ball Exercises (brighthub.com)
- Seven steps to Natalie Portman’s Black Swan body (self.com)
- Pilates roll down (findmeacure.com)
- Health Q&A: dislocated shoulder (telegraph.co.uk)
- Going to the Wall (findmeacure.com)
- The Top 5 Best Forearm Exercises (projectswole.com)
- Better Abdominals: From Flab to Fab Abs in 4 Weeks (men.webmd.com)
- Exercises for Guys Over 40 (foxnews.com)
- Nursemaid’s elbow – All Information (umm.edu)
- The Best Weight Training Routines for Women (brighthub.com)