[amazon_link asins=’B000EUIZAI,B01N3OYQQZ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d4ee1af4-0ca9-11e7-904c-cff8ca49df52′]
Botanical Name : Artemisia pontica
Species: A. pontica
Common Names: Roman wormwood or Small absinthe, Green-ginger
Habitat: Artemisia is found mainly in the Northern hemisphere and also parts of southern Africa and South America.
Artemisia pontica is a perennial shurb with fragrant small green leaves. Artemisia pontica is called “little absinthe” because it is smaller in stature and leaf than the “great absinthe” A. absinthium. It grows as a rhizomatous perennial with erect stems up to 100 centimetres (39 in) tall; the grey foliage is finely divided and aromatic. Flowers are small, yellowish, and appear in loose panicles at stem tips. Stems are not very branched, with fine foliage, downy and silvery green. Flowers are tiny, yellow, on narrow panicles in the summer. It blooms during summer. .
Constituents: The essential oil contains cineol, camphor, thujone, and borneol among other components. It is said to be less bitter than great absinthe and is the principal flavoring of vermouth. It is commercially cultivated in Spain and Lithuania.
Artemisia pontica is a medicinal plant against colds and as a bitter stomachic. A decoction of the leaves and flowers is used for colds, as a tonic and as an anthelmintic; the leafy top is a bitter stomachic and induces perspiration. It is milder in its properties than common wormwood.
Disclaimer : The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplement, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Italy confirms 9 cases of Zika (colombogazette.com)
- The Recipes That Pissed Off The Pharmaceutical Industry (newagegathering.com)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Comes with Whitepages Dialer, Caller ID, Spam Filter (spd.rss.ac)
- Ziziphus mauritiana (findmeacure.com)
- Argentina and Chile face rematch after Copa America draw (worldsoccertalk.com)
- Recommended: Use spineless Opuntia for soil erosion (desertification.wordpress.com)
- 10 Tips for Capturing the Essence of a Rainforest (petapixel.com)
- Spanish Olympian, Marina Alabau, Says She Contracted Zika While Training In Brazil Recently (medicaldaily.com)
- Learn How to Grow Peanuts in Your Spring Garden (realfarmacy.com)
- ‘Ugliest’ Fossil Reptiles to Have Roamed China Were More Closely Related Than Previously Thought (scienceworldreport.com)