A study of ancient bodies has determined that cancer is a man-made disease, one fueled by the excesses. Tumors turn out to be extremely rare until very recent times, when pollution and poor diet became issues.
Scientists found no signs of cancer in their extensive study of mummies apart from one isolated case.
Researchers analyzed potential references to the disease in classical literature, and also searched for signs in the fossil record and in mummified bodies. But despite examining tissue from hundreds of Egyptian mummies, they confirmed only one case of cancer
According to the Daily Mail:
“Dismissing the argument that the ancient Egyptians didn’t live long enough to develop cancer, the researchers pointed out that other age-related disease such as hardening of the arteries and brittle bones did occur …
Fossil evidence of cancer is also sparse, with scientific literature providing a few dozen, mostly disputed, examples in animal fossil”.
Daily Mail October 15, 2010
Nature Reviews Cancer October 2010; 10: 728-733
Cancer September 1977; 40(3): 1358-1362
Posted By Dr. Mercola | December 03 2010
- Cancer ‘is purely man-made’ say scientists after finding almost no trace of disease in Egyptian mummies… (dailymail.co.uk)
- Egyptian Mummies Help Expose the Cancerous Lie about Cancer (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
- Cancer caused by modern man as it was virtually non-existent in ancient world (telegraph.co.uk)
- “Cancer as a modern invention” and related posts (geneveith.com)
- Cancer is a man-made disease, study claims (msnbc.msn.com)
- Is Cancer “A Modern Disease Created By Modern Life”? (zocdoc.com)
- Cancer is purely a man-made condition (topinews.com)
- Are cancers a modern man-made phenomenon? (adhominin.com)
- Cancer Is a Man-Made Disease, Controversial Study Claims (livescience.com)