[amazon_link asins=’B071ZK6TMS,B01N5CO64H,B001HBT7PK,B071VDQ2LZ,B0011DIWMS,B00GNHAFNG,B0014ATOI4,B001EPQAE0,B01FT7KQPM’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2bdfc9be-8af0-11e7-ad28-0f6f42055c20′]
The lemon can be your best friend when you have a common headache. Simply cut a long strip of the rind and put it on your forehead rub in the inside white part and then fasten it to your head. Sure, you will look a little nutty but who cares as long as it gets rid of the ache!
One may try this Magic Drink to stop headache instantly:
All you need is lemon juice and salt. Not many people know of this remedy, but it can be used by anyone with a migraine. You need high-quality salt, like Himalayan salt. Himalayan salt contains about 84 healthy elements. Salt increases the levels of serotonin in the blood, which will save you from headaches.
Get fresh lemons and squeeze the juice out of the lemons and add about 2 teaspoons of salt to the juice. Stir this mixture and then add water.
When the water has been added you can drink it immediately. You must drink the whole thing in order for it to work, don’t sip on it. It may not taste too great, but it will definitely get rid of your migraine.you need is lemon juice and salt. Not many people know of this remedy, but it can be used by
Also Butterbur Extract. Butterbur extract can help prevent a migraine. Scientists discovered Butterbur extract has the ability to prevent blood vessel expansion during a migraine, while also preventing inflammation which can intensify the migraine experience.
Relieving tension can often relieve migraine headaches. Tension can be relieved in many ways such as by taking a warm bath or shower, lying down in a quiet dark room to rest, putting something cold on the back of the neck (at the base of the skull) or having someone massage your neck muscles and possibly your temporal region to help relieve your tension and muscle spasms.
There are many other natural treatments available to migraine headache patients including the Soothe-A-Ciser Migraine Headaches Cushion. This pillow was designed by a chiropractor to help correct neck problems that can cause headaches.
HOME REMEDIES FOR HEADACHE AND MIGRAINES:-
* Place your thumbs right in the center of each temple Massage firmly using a circular motion for a minute or two, or until you feel relief.
* A hot water bath or shower may also help to relieve the headache.
* Eat 10-12 almonds, for a migraine headache.
* Make a compress by putting 5 drops of lavender essential oil in cold (or warm) water. Swish around a soft cloth, and then put it on your head or neck.
* Put your hands in hot water, which seems to pull the pressure out of your head.
* In some cases sleep gives relief to the headache. Sleeping on back give relief to the headache.
* Deep breathing is a great tension reliever. Deep breathing gives immediate relief to the headache.
* Tie a tight cloth around the head. It will decrease blood flow to the scalp and lessen the throbbing and pounding of a migraine.
* Avoid chocolate, aged cheese, red wine, citrus fruits. These foods all contain tyramine or other histamines which have been shown to begin migraines in people with food sensitivities.
* Prepare a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood and apply to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
* Drink a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water or fill the stomach completely with water if not suffering from a cold.
* Take equal parts of natural apple cider vinegar and water place in a small pan on the stove, allowing it to boil slowly. When the fumes begin to rise from the pan, lean your head over it until the fumes are comfortably strong. Inhale for approximately 50 to 80 breaths.
* Juice of ripe grapes and is an effective home remedy for the migraine headache.
* Niacin has proved helpful in relieving migraine pain. Valuable sources of this vitamin are yeast, whole wheat, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, nuts, sunflower seeds, liver, and fish.
* Take few leaves of the cabbage crush them, and then place in a cloth and bound on the forehead at bedtime, or when convenient during the day. The Compress should be renewed when the leaves dry out.
* Make a paste of the lemon crust. The paste should be applied, like a plaster on the forehead. It will provide great relief.
* Carrot juice along with spinach, or beet and cucumber juices, has been found beneficial in the treatment of migraine. In the first combination, 200 ml of spinach juice may be mixed with 300 ml of carrot juice to prepare 500 ml or half a litre of the combined juices. In the second combination, 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices may be mixed with 300 ml of carrot juice.
* The patient should eat frequent small meals rather than a few large ones. Overeating should be avoided. Copious drinking of water is beneficial.
* Rutin removes toxic metals, which may cause migraines.
* Make a solution by adding half a teaspoon mustard seeds powder and three teaspoons water, put in the nostrils, it helps to decrease the migraine.
* A peppermint steam inhalation provides quick relief for sinus headaches.
* Mix 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon (called dalchini in India) in 1-teaspoon water and applies on the forehead. It is very effective in headache due to exposure to cold air.
* Make a paste from dry ginger with a little water or milk, apply to the forehead for relief of the headache due to sinusitis.
* Make a paste of 10-15 Basil leaves with 4 cloves and 1 teaspoon dried ginger and apply to forehead for sinus cure.
* Cut a potato into 4 pieces, place 2 in the center of your forehead and two at your temple (Hold the ones at your temples in place). Lie down in a dark room and close your eyes. It takes a while to work but it takes away the pain.
Herbal Remedies for migraines headaches:-
Migraine relief using Grapes:
Migraine relief can be obtained from the juice of ripe grapes and is an effective home remedy. It is said that King Jamshed of Persia, who was very fond of grapes, once stored the juice of grapes well packed in bottles and made it public that the bottles contained strong poison so as to prevent others from taking it. It so happened that the king\’s wife was struck with migraine and having obtained no relief from any treatment, decided to end her life by taking this so-called ?poison?. She took it several times in small doses and contrary to her expectations, it gave her great relief instead of killing her.
Migraine relief using Niacin:
Niacin has proved helpful in relieving migraine pain. Valuable sources of this vitamin are yeast, whole wheat, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, nuts, sunflower seeds, liver, and fish. Vitamin I complex tablets containing 100 mg of niacin can be taken for the same purpose.
Relieving Migraine using Cabbage Leaf Compress:
An ancient folk remedy for relieving the pain of migraine is a cabbage leaf compress. A few leaves of the vegetable should be crushed, and then placed in a cloth and bound on the forehead at bedtime, or when convenient during the day. The Compress should be renewed when the leaves dry out.
Migraine treatment using Lemon Crust:
The crusts of lemon have also been found beneficial in the treatment of migraine. These crusts should be included into a fine paste in a mortar. The paste should be applied, it plaster on the forehead. It will provide great relief.
Natural Migraine headache treatment using Vegetable Juices:
Carrot juice, in combination with spinach like, or beet and cucumber juices, has been found beneficial in the treatment of migraine. In the first combination, 200 ml of spinach juice may be mixed with 300 ml of carrot juice to prepare 500 ml or half a litre of the combined juices. In the second combination, 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices may be mixed with 300 ml of carrot juice.
Migraine relief diet:
Fasting on orange juice and water
It is essential to undertake a thorough cleansing of the system and adopt vitality-building measures. To begin with, the patient should resort to fasting on orange juice and water for two or three days. If the orange juice does not agree with the patient, juices of vegetables such as carrots, cucumber, and celery may be taken.
Avoid foods like white flour products, sugar, tinned or preserved foods, etc
Foods which should be avoided are white flour products, sugar, confectionery, rich cakes, pastries, sweets, refined cereals, greasy foods, tinned or preserved foods, pickles, condiments, and sauces.
After the short juice fast, the patient may adopt an all-fruit diet for about five days, taking three meals a day of fresh juicy fruits.
Well-balanced diet of seeds, nuts etc.
Thereafter the patient should follow a well-balanced diet consisting of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables, and fruits. This diet should be supplemented with milk, yoghurt, buttermilk, vegetable oils, and honey. Further short periods of the all-fruit diet may be necessary at intervals of a month or two, according to the requirement of the case.
Eat frequent small meals, Copious drinking of water is essential.
The patient should eat frequent small meals rather than a few large ones. Overeating should be avoided. Copious drinking of water is recommended.
Other migraine treatment:
Take warm-water enema to cleanse bowels
During the initial two or three days of the juice fast, a warm water enema may be taken daily to cleanse the bowels.
Hot bath, cold compress applied to head
A hot fool bath, fomentation over the stomach and spine, cold compress (4.5\JC to 15.6\JC) applied to the head, and towels wrung out of very hot water and frequently applied to the neck will go a long way in relieving migraine headaches.
Plenty of exercise and walk in fresh air is essential
The patient should also take plenty of exercise and walk in the fresh air. Get the improperly named product Sinus Buster. The company has several products which are all named Sinus Buster. This one says it’s specifically for migraines. They have another one for headaches, so it’s kind of confusing.
It’s known to rid migraine suffers of their migraine pain INSTANTLY! The nausea feeling also goes away very quickly.
Himalayan Goji Juice: In traditional Chinese medicine, headache and dizziness are often said to be caused by deficiencies in kidney yin (vital essence) and yang (function). Goji is among the most frequently used herbs for restoring yin / yang balance. For more information go to HealthWealth.gitgojionline.com
The best natural remedy for migraines is the practice called Shiatsu or Acupressure. There are a number of exercises you can use on yourself. Get yourself a book, or check out a website.I use these exercises, as the pills make me feel worse. Good Luck! Prescription For Natural Cures (Balch & Stengler) suggests:
Homeopathic Combination Headache Formula
Magnesium citrate or malate – 200 mg 2-3 times a day
Feverfew herb – 250-500 mg daily for prevention\
5-Hydroxytryptophane (5-HTP) 50-100 mg 3 times a day
B-50 vitamin complex 1-2 times daily
Omega 3-6-9 essential fatty acid supplement daily
See the excellent book mentioned above for a good discussion by experts in the field of natural medicine. Good luck!
Coca tea is great for migranes, it is natural, it may not taste good alone ( it needs sugar) but it helps a whole lot.
Click to review the details:http://www.amazon.com/coca-windsor-boxes...
Try massage, specifically a type called Trigger Point Therapy. It was developed by a Dr Janet Travell. She was doctor to the white house under the Kennedy administration. You could also try acupuncture.
The medicine and health information post by website user , ByeDR.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.