[amazon_link asins=’B00L9FO772,B07252N88X,B06X1D2Q7X’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d11e0448-2c84-11e7-82cd-253835a6f929′]
Botanical Name : Uvularia perfoliata
Family : Liliaceae
Genus : Uvularia L.
Species : Uvularia perfoliata L.
Kingdom : Plantae
Subkingdom : Tracheobionta
Superdivision : Spermatophyta
Division : Magnoliophyta
Class : Liliopsida
Subclass : Liliidae
Order : Liliales
Common Name :Bellwort
Habitat : Uvularia perfoliata is native in United States.
Uvularia perfoliata is a perennial herb.
The 8″ tall stalks of this East Coast native emerge in early spring adorned with perfoliate (stem runs through the center) green leaves edged with a nice, pure white border. The small, light yellow flowers dangle from the leaf axils. It has taken us nine years to build up enough to share, and quantities are still very limited. As is the case with many native spring ephemerals, Uvularia ‘Jingle Bells‘ goes dormant by midsummer. .
Orangish or yellow bumps are a good identifying mark for perfoliate bellwort. Large-flowered bellwort has smooth petals.
The root is used as a poultice or salve in the treatment of boils, wounds and ulcers. A tea made from the roots is used in the treatment of coughs, sore mouths and throats, inflamed gums and snakebites. It is suitable for use by children. An infusion of the crushed roots has been used as a wash to treat sore eyes.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
Uvularia perfoliata Jingle Bells
- Let the Plant Shopping Begin! (easternshoregardener.com)
- Scavenger: How my grandmother taught me to eat weeds (salon.com)
- Penstemon Grandiflorus (findmeacure.com)
- Common Greenbriar (findmeacure.com)
- Bidens frondosa (findmeacure.com)
- Phyllanthus liebmannianus (findmeacure.com)
- My Creativity Died Today (sparrowsong.wordpress.com)
- “Glee” Christmas Album Starts Spreading Holiday Cheer Nov. 16 (popcrunch.com)
- Hello Weather week 11 & 12 (tinabangel.wordpress.com)