[amazon_link asins=’B0179785OO,B00GB85JR4,B004U3Y8OM,B00JGCBGZQ,B004XLRTUQ,B00RKMA75Y,B0032BH76O,B0037LOLKY,B00PHD94W0′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ada4214b-5bc1-11e7-acf5-77918fd613c3′]
As understanding of Vitamin D increases, it is becoming apparent that its most active form, Vitamin D3 (calcitriol), may offer protection against a variety of radiation-induced damages. Vitamin D’s protective action is carried by a wide variety of mechanisms, including cell cycle regulation and proliferation, cellular differentiation and communication, and programmed cell death (apoptosis).
A paper on the subject argued that vitamin D should be considered among the prime nonpharmacological agents that offer protection against low radiation damage and radiation-induced cancer — or even the primary agent.
According to the paper in the International Journal of Low Radiation:“… [O]ur understanding of how vitamin D mediates biological responses has entered a new era … In view of the evidence that has been presented here, it would appear that vitamin D by its preventive/ameliorating actions should be given serious consideration as a protective agent against sublethal radiation injury, and in particular that induced by low radiation”.
Source: International Journal of Low Radiation 2008; 5(4)
Posted By Dr. Mercola | June 03 2011
- Radiation Exposure, Should We Be Concerned? (drgodo.wordpress.com)
- Can not getting enough sun cause a vitamin D deficiency? (zocdoc.com)
- Impending Apocalypse: Four Scenarios for Japan’s future (theboldcorsicanflame.wordpress.com)
- Radiation Antidote: The Antioxidant Cocktail? (healthland.time.com)
- Japan Doubles Its Radiation Leak Estimate For The Fukushima Plant (businessinsider.com)
- How to Survive Nuclear Fallout From Japan’s Reactor Meltdown (shelladventure.wordpress.com)
- How to Survive Nuclear Fallout From Japan’s Reactor Meltdown (japannvc.com)
- How to Identify and Fight Radiation Poisoning With Super Foods (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- The Best Ways To Protect Yourself From Radiation Damage (lewrockwell.com)
- How to Identify and Fight Radiation Poisoning With Super Foods (photonicportal.wordpress.com)