[amazon_link asins=’B00BXYWXY8,B01DRV2BBY,B01DRV2B2I,B00BXYWXV6,B07121Y7CV,B00S5A66EG,B00WFNNNCC,B00PVYKPPA,B071SHJRF4′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0c922ff3-e46b-11e7-b501-371c5856c559′]
[amazon_link asins=’B011514PFI,B01N8RNRBO,B076WFSTGW,B077DCF6FS,B009KUT778,B00BQ3FN84,B003R0AT7O,B012E6WHK8,B00XV4Z066′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’df09ff17-e46a-11e7-9df6-ffa9010ec945′]
An epidemiologist and toxicologist who is an expert in environmental health has found evidence linking cell phone usage to an increased rate of certain kinds of brain tumors in young people who were heavy cell phone users.
In her book, Disconnect, Dr. Devra Davis talks about how she found evidence of studies, some decades old, showing that the radio-frequency radiation used by cell phones could have biological effects — enough to damage DNA and potentially contribute to brain tumors.
As reported by Time, Davis also found that many of the studies debunking a link between cell phone usage and adverse events were mostly funded by the industry. According to Time:
“She found that other countries—like France and Israel—had already acted, discouraging the use of cell phones by children and even putting warning signs on handsets. …
“This is about the most important and unrecognized public health issues of our time,” says Davis. “We could avert a global catastrophe if we act.”
“Davis also said that industry resistance would make regulation “harder and harder,” but that the good news is “simply using a wired headset should significantly cut down on radiation exposure to the brain, although Davis recommends that children—whose thinner skulls can absorb higher levels of radiation—avoid using phones altogether.”
Source: Time.com September 27, 2010
- Cell Phones and Cancer: A Scientist’s Cogent New Book (ecocentric.blogs.time.com)
- Should You Be Scared of Your Cell Phone? (abcnews.go.com)
- Keep that cell phone out of your bra (sfgate.com)
- Hyla Cass, M.D.: Are Cell Phones and Wi-Fi Hazardous to Your Health? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Study: Cell phones may cause heart irregularities (textually.org)
- Risks of Brain Tumors Among Cell Phone Users Underestimated in Interphone Study, Says International EMF Collaborative (eon.businesswire.com)
- How Safe Is Your Cell Phone? (time.com)