Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
Common Names: Hairy rockcress, Mountain rockcress, Creamflower rockcress
Arabis hirsuta is a binnial/perennial plant, growing to 0.6 m (2ft).
This erect, high hairy plant is usually unbranched, with a long spike of flowers. Lower leaves form a rosette, the stalkless upper-leaves clasp the stem. The white petals are twice as long as the sepals, flowers June–August. The fruits are cylindrical and pressed close to the stem and the slightly winged seeds are reddish brown. The hairs are stiff and forking,. The species grows on chalk slopes, dunes, hedgebanks, walls and rocks. ...CLICK & SEE THE PICTURES
The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs) and are pollinated by Bees, lepidoptera, insects.
Cultivation: Easily grown in ordinary well-drained soil. Succeeds in dry soils and on walls.
Seed – it is best to surface sow the seed as soon as it is ripe in a light position in a cold frame. Seed can also be sown in spring. It usually germinates in 2 – 3 weeks at 21°c. When large enough to handle, prick the seedlings out into individual pots and plant them out in the summer. Division after flowering. Very easy, the divisions can be planted out straight into their permanent positions if required. Cuttings in a shady border in summer.
Edible Uses: ...Young leaves – cooked and eaten.
Medicinal Uses: Couldnot find anywhere.
Disclaimer : The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplement, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Migrant crisis: Calais camp refugees asked to leave; authorities say evacuation to be ‘progressive’ (firstpost.com)
- Recommended: Use spineless Opuntia for soil erosion (desertification.wordpress.com)
- ForexLive Asia FX news wrap: Oil price gets Naimi’d and shamed (news.forexlive.com)
- Education Technology and Smart Classroom Market for the period 2015 – 2021, Report Examines by Persistence Market Research (PMR) (newsmaker.com.au)
- Over 350 enterprises expected at West African business meeting (newsghana.com.gh)
- Were Humans and Neanderthals Swapping DNA Earlier Than We Thought? (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Pokémon Go to be Released “Sometime” in 2016 – No one knows when (neurogadget.com)
- Africa’s forests menaced by palm oil rush: NGO (seeddaily.com)
- Germany’s Demographic Cliff – The Next Japan [Chart] (valuewalk.com)
- Amnesty slams Europe’s ‘shameful’ response on refugees (israelnationalnews.com)