[amazon_link asins=’B012EI4J3O,B01F7KNJDM,B00X6LE85S,B01070KLCO,B01IFPOPK2,B00SKRDW1Y,B072JC9NG8,B01M0DUVZV,B00MVQM0IQ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’18bf6866-6a98-11e7-b005-3b8a87b83003′]
Holding a cell phone against your ear, or putting it in your pocket, may be hazardous to your health – or so says the fine print on a little slip that you probably tossed aside when unpacking your phone.
click & see
Apple says your iPhone should come no closer than 5/8 of an inch; BlackBerry recommends about an inch.
Statistics show that, over all, there has not been a general increase in the incidence of brain cancer since cell phones arrived – but the average hides that fact that brain cancer has increased in the 20-to-29 age group while dropping for the older population.
According to the New York Times:
“The largest study of cell phone use and brain cancer has been the Interphone International Case Control Study … The authors included some disturbing data in an appendix available only online. These showed that subjects who used a cell phone 10 or more years doubled the risk of developing brain gliomas, a type of tumor.”
Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal investigates various methods of cutting down the radiation your cell phone produces. However, they say the most effective one may be the simplest — keep the phone away from your head and body.
Posted by: Dr. Mercola | November 29 2010
- Cell Phones and Cancer: A Study’s Muddled Findings (time.com)
- JUST IN: New Evidence That Your Cell Phone Is Giving You Brain Cancer (businessinsider.com)
- Repeat after me: cell phones don’t cause brain cancer (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Cell-Phone Radiation Risks: Why the Jury’s Still Out (time.com)
- Government considers disabling cell phones in cars (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Are you worried about cell phone radiation? (enviromom.com)
- No Evidence Linking Cell Phone Use to Risk of Brain Tumors (rushprnews.com)
- Risks of Brain Tumors Among Cell Phone Users Underestimated in Interphone Study, Says International EMF Collaborative (eon.businesswire.com)
- 18 Futuristic Cell Phone Concepts That Think Outside the Box (techeblog.com)
- Toomuch Use of Cell Phone May Cause Brain Cancer (findmeacure.com)