Products from Amazon.com
Price: $17.49Was: $38.95
A study shows that a formulation of curcumin can relieve pain and increase mobility in patients with osteoarthritis. It can also reduce a series of inflammatory markers.
..CLICK & SEE
100 patients with osteoarthritis were divided in two groups — the first group was given the “best available treatment” and the second group was given the same treatment plus 200 mg of the curcumin formulation each day.
According to IFT:
“The results showed that the [curcumin]-treated group had a statistically significant reduction in all primary clinical end-points … These results were complemented by the evaluation of a series of inflammatory markers, soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule (sVCAM)-1, and erythrocyte sedimentation rate [ESR]) … while no significant variation was observed in the ‘best available treatment’ group.”
This could eventually lead to a phase out of NSAID use, at least as a treatment for mild-to-moderate osteoarthritis.
Posted By Dr. Mercola | January 31 2011
- What to Eat to Beat Knee Pain (everydayhealth.com)
- The Best Medications to Relieve the Pain of Osteoarthritis (brighthub.com)
- BIG Medicine (foxnews.com)
- What Are the Facts About Treating Osteoarthritis? (everydayhealth.com)
- What Is Erosive Osteoarthritis? (everydayhealth.com)
- Should You Give Injectables a Shot for Osteoarthritis Pain? (webmd.com)
- A Guide to Physiotherapy for Osteoarthritis (brighthub.com)
- An Overview of Osteoarthritis Flare-Ups (brighthub.com)
- The Stages of Osteoarthritis (brighthub.com)