Botanical Name : Ligustrum lucidum
Species: L. lucidum
Habitat :Native to the southern half of China, Korea, and Japan
It is the largest species in the genus, growing as a tree up to 25 m tall. The leaves are opposite, glossy dark green, 6-17 cm long and 3-8 cm broad.
CLICK & SEE THE PICRURES
Form: large shrub or single-stemmed tree, open, less dense than L. japonicum
Size: 3-12ft, spread varies with training; taller if trained as tree
Leaves: simple, opposite, ovate to lancolate, 3-6in long, end point curves backwards; when held up to light leaf margin is transparent
Flowers: perfect, creamy white, in pyramidal clusters; blooms later than L. japonicum
Fruit: terminal, smaller than pea, blue-black, poisonous
Was first mentioned in traditional Chinese medicine in a text that was probably written before AD1000. The plant increases the white blood cell count and in recent years it has been increasingly used to prevent bone marrow loss in cancer chemotherapy patients and it has potential in the treatment of AIDS. Chinese research has also shown good results in the treatment of respiratory tract infections, hypertension, Parkinson’s disease and hepatitis. Acts as a tonic for the kidneys and liver.
The plant is often used as an ornamental tree, sometimes as a cultivar.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- What is a good fertilizer for English Privet (wiki.answers.com)
- Urbanite Sketching – Layered Hedge & Shrub Combination. Spirea nipponica & Ligustrum vulgare Private Residence. The Wirral (creativeurbanite.wordpress.com)
- Kuding – Is the Bitter Worth the Bite? (englishtea.us)
- Ease Menopause Symptoms with a Free 90-Day Supply of Estrofil from BIOTX Limited Valued at $99 (prweb.com)
- Menopausal Women Concerned with Bone Density Have a New All-Natural Option with Estrofil (prweb.com)
- A Google-a-Day Puzzle for Sunday, September 11th (wired.com)
- New Menopause Supplement – Estrofil from BIOTX Limited – Offers All-Natural Relief from Menopausal Symptoms and Money-Back Guarantee (prweb.com)
- The World’s Smallest Primate (trushin.wordpress.com)
- Polysaccharides PS-G and Protein LZ-8 from Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) Exhibit Diverse Functions in Regulating Murine Macrophages and T Lymphocytes (pubs.acs.org)
- Forsythia suspensa bonsai (therapycollect.wordpress.com)