Products from Amazon.com
Price: $6.71Was: $7.99
Price: $21.88Was: $34.95
Use this stretch to release your back and hips if you’ve been seated for a long period of time or after brisk walking, hiking or biking. You’ll stand taller and feel more energized once your spine and hips have been loosened up.
Sit on the floor or a padded mat. Bend your knees out to the side with the soles of your feet pressed together in front of you. Place your hands behind you on the floor, close to your hips, with fingers turned away from your body. Lift your spine tall without overarching your lower back. Allow your thighs and knees to drop to the floor.
Reach forward with your hands, grasping your feet. On an exhale, round your back, bringing your face close to your feet. Hold this position for 30 to 60 seconds while you focus on breathing deeply and fully. Think of expanding your entire back when you inhale, then letting go of all tension when you exhale.
Sources:Los Angles Times
Related articles by Zemanta
- Stretch at Your Desk Can Ease Stiff Back
- A Fitness Routine for Six Pak Abs
- Thigh-Muscle Stretch (Yoga Exercise)
- Sculpt Firm and Shapely Legs in 6 Moves
- The Best Abdominal Exercises
- 5 Must Do Abs Crunches for a Killer Six Pack
- Stretch Exercise for Leg, Back and hip muscles