Common Names :Blue curls,Vinegar weed,Terpentine weed and Camphor weed.
Vinegar weed, or Turpentine weed is an annual plant.It is a wildflower bearing striking purple-blue flowers on short green stems.Blooming period is August to October.
The numerous leaves are juicy and green and are covered in fluffy hairs. The plant is well adapted to its native range in California, where it thrives in dry, nutrient-poor, sun-baked clay soil. In hot weather the vinegar smell of the plant becomes intense as the oils in the tissues permeate the air.The oils also have phytotoxic properties, which help vinegar weed compete by killing or injuring other plant species.
An infusion of its leaves was an external wash for treating headaches, and when combined with those of Turkey Mullein, a lotion applied to victims of typhoid To the Chumash it was important to mothers in labor used to help expel the placenta.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Got Weeds? (moneysupermarket.com)
- Squash and lettuce has made an appearance! (herbscorner.wordpress.com)
- Cynanchum atratum (findmeacure.com)
- Blazing Star (findmeacure.com)
- help identify this mystery plant! (ask.metafilter.com)
- Ann Sellum from Grunch Massachughsetts writes Dear Hugh: When someone says a “child is growing like a weed”…..What type of weed are they referring to? …and How fast does it grow? (hjhcbanks.wordpress.com)
- Parietaria judaica (findmeacure.com)
- Blackcap (Rubus leucordermis) (findmeacure.com)
- Messy Gardening for Fun and Food ()