Botanical Name ; Origanum syriacum
Species: Origanum syriacum
Common Names:Oregano, Syrian,zaatar, za’tar, zatar, zatr, zattr, zahatar, zaktar or Satar
Habitat :Origanum syriacum is native to the Middle East.
Origanum syriacum is a woody perennial herb. This is a spicy smelling and tasting oregano-like herb that is the keystone herb in the condiment of the same name, which is used quite frequently by people living in the Middle east. You mix the dried and powdered herb with various other ingredients–garlic, salt, olive oil, crushed sumac seeds, etc and use it on bread. Quite delicious and habit forming in a good way. Zaatar is one of the sources of the antiseptic essential oil known as carvacrol, which (along with other terpenoids such as thymol) inhibits several kinds of nasty bacteria (e.g. Pseudomonas aeruginosa) by eroding the bacterial cell wall. Plant prefers full sun and sandy, fast-draining soil. Makes an abundant crop of leaves in the first growing season.
CLICK & SEE THE PICTURES
Since Syrian Oregano is one of our most flavorful oreganos, we developed a Its thymol concentration is probably responsible for its effective applications in treating tooth decay, gum infections, and coughs; hyssop tea is drunk after meals to aid digestion.special recipe for it and the delightfully tasty Italian Oregano Thyme. Oregano Maru and Italian Oregano Thyme Honeyed Pork Chops.
Za’atar has a long history as a medicinal and flavoring herb. Its thymol concentration is probably responsible for its effective applications in treating tooth decay, gum infections, and coughs; hyssop tea is drunk after meals to aid digestion.
Its thymol concentration is probably responsible for its effective applications in treating tooth decay, gum infections, and coughs; hyssop tea is drunk after meals to aid digestion.
The information presented herein is intended for educational purposes only. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
- Calamintha nepeta (findmeacure.com)
- Green Thumb Guide: How To Grow Oregano (blisstree.com)
- Wild Walk: Monarda (showmeoz.wordpress.com)
- Plectranthus amboinicus (findmeacure.com)
- How do you use oregano plant (wiki.answers.com)
- Oregano is rated the herb leader with the most antioxidant activity (cookingislife.wordpress.com)
- Cook Fast, Live Young: Herb Gardening Adds Spice to Meal Planning (savings.com)
- How to dry oregano (busyellebee.wordpress.com)
- DIY: Grow an Herb Garden Indoors (casasugar.com)
- Five Easy Herbs to Start Your Garden (casasugar.com)