Get serious about quitting smoking with this customizable plan.
Fill in the dates of start of plan. Click on the “Print this” option above for a printable version of this form.
1.Start walking thirty minutes every day, no excuses, every day. Start this now. __________________.
2. Fill prescription. Ask your doctor for prescriptions for 100 milligram Wellbutrin tablets, and nicotine patches dosed according to the amount you smoke as indicated below:
For 1/2 a pack a day, take 7-10 milligrams
For 1/2-1 pack a day, take 14 milligrams
For 1-2 packs a day, take 21 or 22 milligrams
For more than 2 packs a day, ask your doctor
3. On ____, (Day 31: two days before you plan to stop smoking, take 1 Wellbutrin (bupropion).
Next two days, take 1 Wellbutrin each morning.
5. On subsequent days, take Wellbutrin each morning and each evening. Most folks wean off Wellbutrin between days 90 and 180.
Continue walking thirty (to forty-five) minutes each day; feel free to drink as much coffee or water as you wish.
6. Make a chart of your daily activities.
7. Phone or e-mail your support person daily to discuss your progress.
8. Begin weightlifting on Day 37 (___, or earlier). Do not increase your physical activities by more than 10 percent a week.
9. Decrease dose of nicotine in patch every 2 months (you can cut patches in half) until no longer needed.