[amazon_link asins=’B00XVPVOJ2,1617799734,1119060680,3848441160,B000QFCDCW,B00JKRO9BK,B00OPD8RPS,1848166281,B072PVR41W’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’e3cfe032-6dbc-11e7-9674-7344a37175bd’]
The first antibody which can fight all types of the influenza A virus has been discovered, researchers claim.
Experiments on flu-infected mice, published in Science Express, showed the antibody could be used as an “emergency treatment“.
It is hoped the development will lead to a “universal vaccine” – currently a new jab has to be made for each winter as viruses change.
Virologists described the finding as a “good step forward”.
Many research groups around the world are trying to develop a universal vaccine. They need to attack something common to all influenza which does not change or mutate.
It is verymuch suggested that some people who had swine flu may develop ‘super immunity’ to other infections.
You may click to see the detail
Source : BBC News,July 29,2011
- ‘Super antibody’ fights off flu (bbc.co.uk)
- imabonehead: New antibody propels hunt for universal flu vaccine – Yahoo! News (news.yahoo.com)
- ‘Super Antibody’ Brings Universal Flu Vaccine a ‘Step Closer’ (inquisitr.com)
- Flu vaccine based on ‘super-antibody’ could prevent all pandemic strains (guardian.co.uk)
- Finally, a Universal Flu Vaccine? (bigthink.com)
- Science Media: Why do I even bother… (scienceblogs.com)
- Flu “super antibody” may bring universal shot closer (windsorstar.com)
- Flu “Super Antibody” May Bring Universal Shot Closer (nlm.nih.gov)
- Universal flu vaccine moves closer (mirror.co.uk)
- Universal flu vaccine a ‘step closer’ (telegraph.co.uk)