[amazon_link asins=’B01DWP4XCA,B01JZOW4T6,B014LBFPVM,B00NO3RO36,B014JXL124,B01FKPFVY4′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’accd4e7b-00eb-11e7-8fc3-5929c59c295c’][amazon_link asins=’B01F7H5UIC,B0015R9AOY,B00COPTQVI,B014JXL124,B01L2X3QEA,B00DMEEDNQ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’finmeacur-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’24b6e520-00eb-11e7-93fb-3f0561575136′]
Botanical Name :Cissus quadrangularis
Species: C. quadrangularis
*Cissus succulenta (Galpin) Burtt Davy
*Cissus tetragona Harv.
*Vitis quadrangularis (L.) Wall. ex Wight & Arn.
*Vitis succulenta Galpin
Common Name : Veldt Grape or Devil’s Backbone.
Habitat : It is probably native to India or Sri Lanka, but is also found in Africa, Arabia, and Southeast Asia. It has been imported to Brazil and the southern United States.
Cissus quadrangularis is a perennial plant of the grape family grows to a height of 1.5 m and has quadrangular-sectioned branches with internodes 8 to 10 cm long and 1.2 to 1.5 cm wide. Along each angle is a leathery edge. Toothed trilobe leaves 2 to 5 cm wide appear at the nodes. Each has a tendril emerging from the opposite side of the node. Racemes of small white, yellowish, or greenish flowers; globular berries are red when ripe.
Has been used as a medicinal plant since antiquity. The Ayurveda mentions it as a tonic and analgesic, and prescribes its use to help heal broken bones, thus its name asthisamharaka (that which prevents the destruction of bones). Has also been used to treat osteoporosis, asthma, cough, hemorrhoids, and gonorrhea.
It contains a rich source of carotenoids, triterpenoids and ascorbic acid. Compounds that act as receptor antagonists of glucocorticoids have reduced the healing time of broken bones 30 to 50 percent in clinical trials. It has also been used to treat obesity and associated oxidative stress. Its bactericidal effects on Helicobacter pylori hold promise as an effective treatment of gastric ulcers and preventative of stomach cancer in conjunction with NSAID therapy.
- Everlast Nutrition Thermo TriPlex Reviews (weightlossnutrition.org)
- Ayong-kabayo (findmeacure.com)
- Managing an Ulcer and GERD (everydayhealth.com)
- Gastritis Diet, Peptic Ulcer Diet | Foods to Avoid and Lifestyle (healthhype.com)
- Ulcer Symptoms? (everydayhealth.com)
- Stress and Ulcers (everydayhealth.com)
- The 4-Hour Body is NOW OUT – Live Q&A Today, New Trailer, Free Books, and Much More (fourhourworkweek.com)
- List of Medications for Ulcers (brighthub.com)
- Is it Acid Indigestion or a Peptic Ulcer? (brighthub.com)
- Peptic ulcer – All Information (umm.edu)