Experiments on flu-infected mice, published in Science Express, showed the antibody could be used as an “emergency treatment“.
Virologists described the finding as a “good step forward”.
Many research groups around the world are trying to develop a universal vaccine. They need to attack something common to all influenza which does not change or mutate.
It is verymuch suggested that some people who had swine flu may develop ‘super immunity’ to other infections.
Source : BBC News,July 29,2011
- ‘Super antibody’ fights off flu (bbc.co.uk)
- imabonehead: New antibody propels hunt for universal flu vaccine – Yahoo! News (news.yahoo.com)
- ‘Super Antibody’ Brings Universal Flu Vaccine a ‘Step Closer’ (inquisitr.com)
- Flu vaccine based on ‘super-antibody’ could prevent all pandemic strains (guardian.co.uk)
- Finally, a Universal Flu Vaccine? (bigthink.com)
- Science Media: Why do I even bother… (scienceblogs.com)
- Flu “super antibody” may bring universal shot closer (windsorstar.com)
- Flu “Super Antibody” May Bring Universal Shot Closer (nlm.nih.gov)
- Universal flu vaccine moves closer (mirror.co.uk)
- Universal flu vaccine a ‘step closer’ (telegraph.co.uk)